Re: How to burn JPEG files to CD?

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 10:57:37AM -0500, Thomas H. George,,, wrote:
> I successfuly downloaded 93 JPEG files from a digital camera to the hard
> drive.  Not wishing to tie up this space permanently, I tried to burn
> them to a cd with the command cdrecord -v dev=1,0,0 speed=8 -data
> /h/dsc*.jpeg but it didn't work.  cdrecord knows there are 93 files
> (tracks?) but recorded them as 0 bytes each.  There is, incidently,
> nothing wrong with the files.  Mozilla will open them and display the
> images perfectly.  Is there a solution to this problem?

Egads! virtually every data CD in the history of the universe has had a
ISO-9660 filesystem on it.  You can use mkisofs to generate one of
these, or use a frontend to it to simplify the process.  gcombust has
always been nice to me.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>                              http://www.ertius.org/
Signed mail preferred: http://www.gnupg.org/        Do I look like I want a CC?