Re: How should we handle people who can not unsubscribe?

>> On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 12:55:53 -0500,
>> Hall Stevenson <hallstevenson@mindspring.com> said:

 > * Manoj Srivastava (srivasta@debian.org) [030329 01:15]:
 >> Are you volunteering to help them out by monitoring the mailing
 >> list?

 > I would think as much as it obviously annoys people, there'd be
 > hundreds of volunteers. So, count me in too. Can you give that
 > power anyway ??

	What power? Helping the list masters could be things like
 contacting people who send unsubscribe messages to the list;
 trying to help people unbsubscribe, helping them discover what
 address they were subscribed with, and then taking the triaged list
 and bringing the lower volume to the attention of the list masters.

	No super powers required.

 >> > Why not ask for a volunteer or two to handle *just this list* ??
 >> > Even give this person limited powers, as in only being able to
 >> > unsubscribe a user vs "full" power ??
 >>
 >> Being able to unsubscribe other users is pretty much full power.

 > I know nothing about list software, so if that's the case, I guess
 > one would have to be quite trusting to give that power.

	Precisely, and that is unlikely to happen.

	manoj
--
I might have gone to West Point, but I was too proud to speak to a
congressman. Will Rogers