Re: How should we handle people who can not unsubscribe?

* Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org) [030328 21:28]:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 06:54:28PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 08:25:08AM -0500, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> > > It would help if the listmaster was someone who actually *read* this list.
> >
> > Yeah, this listmaster-doesn't-read-the-list thing is puzzling me. I'd
> > have thought reading the list was an essential prerequisite for being
> > the listmaster.
>
> Er! You know, there are a *lot* of Debian lists. My .procmailrc says
> that I read 20 of them, and it chews up really quite a lot of time. It
> is not reasonable to expect the Debian listmasters to read all the
> Debian lists, and, since -user is probably the one with the highest
> volume, it's quite a reasonable one for them to cut out in order to be
> able to deal with their considerable workload more effectively.
>
> You can't demand both that the listmasters read all several dozen of our
> mailing lists religiously and that they deal with requests in a
> plausible amount of time.

I would think that the listmaster for each list would have an interest
in the discussions that take place in it. You know, they're a
Debian-user like the rest of us ??

Why not ask for a volunteer or two to handle *just this list* ?? Even
give this person limited powers, as in only being able to unsubscribe a
user vs "full" power ??

Hall