Re: [OT, FLAME] Linux Sucks

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 12:43:06AM -0500, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> On the other hand, and it's been said in this thread before (by me and
> others), you make it clear you want to tell people what they want/need and
> expect them to accept your decisions and like what you give them.

Oh, come on... give it a rest.  The only thing I can assume is that you
deliberately misunderstand.

I have nothing against listening to users.  To return to my earlier
example, if the designers I support say they need software package "X",
then assuming they can justify it and we can afford it, we get it for them.

That doesn't mean I let them decide how it will be installed.

How are they any less empowered?  They have skills I don't, and I have
skills they don't.  I don't push in where *I* don't know, and in return I
expect the same.

And I certainly don't take the position that they have to learn everything
there is to know about keeping a PC or a Mac running in order to do *their*
job.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Always draw your curves, then plot your reading.
 msw@cox.net |