Re: [OT, FLAME] Linux Sucks

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:38:27AM -0500, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 March 2003 11:17 pm, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > Why?  The *user* has zero business installing the box.  Yes, Joe Moron
> > benefits from having GUI tools, because they mean he doesn't have to think,
> > but it matters not for the installer.
>
> Are you always so condescending to people who don't know what you know?
> Perhaps it's not Joe Moron installing his box -- maybe it's someone with a
> PhD in Physics who is so busy with his work on quantam mechanics he doesn't
> have time to learn computers.  Or maybe it's an MD.

Exactly.  He has better things to do.  That's what being a professional is
all about.  I don't claim to have a PhD in Physics, nor do I claim to be a
doctor, and I'm not expected to be able to fit into either of those.  Why
do *we* foster an idea that these people need to know how to build and
administer a computer?

--
 Marc Wilson |     You are always busy.
 msw@cox.net |