Re: dpkg/dselect misbehavior

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 10:42:19AM -0500, Stephan Sauerburger wrote:

[ please don't top post ]

> Oh man.. I just spent about 4 days installing packages and
> reconfiguring it from scratch, including rolling a new kernel. Not
> having to completely redo all of it again from a Woody CD would be
> most preferred. Is there any sort of Potato-to-Woody (2.2 to 3.0)
> automated update procedure implemented?

Of course!  This is debian, it's designed to be upgradable.  I have in
my possession a machine running woody which was installed with hamm
(or bo, I can't really remember).

Since someone has written a document explaining the upgrade process,
I'll point you there (I assume you're on i386):

 http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html

  Just because an idea originated at "redhat" does not mean it is evil.
          -- Sean 'Shaleh' Perry