Re: [DEB-USER] Re: How should we handle people who can not unsubscribe?

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 02:50:58PM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 06:54:28PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 08:25:08AM -0500, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> > >
> > > It would help if the listmaster was someone who actually *read*
> this list.
> >
> > Yeah, this listmaster-doesn't-read-the-list thing is puzzling me. I'd
> > have thought reading the list was an essential prerequisite for being
> > the listmaster.
>
> Not quite.
>
> His essential role is to read all
>  listmaster@lists.debian.org
>  listarchives@debian.org
>  lists.debian.org pseudo-package bug report (I guess these are aliases)
> mails and fix bugs for the list system.

That seems a little goofy. In my LUG, the listmaster is the guy who
monitors for fights and subs/unsubs people as needed. But if the
listmaster on this list doesn't read the list, then we need someone who
does to handle these people who can't seem to unsub themselves. I don't
know how many of these threads I've seen.

I'll volunteer to do this for the -user list. Anyone want to lay bets
that no one contacts me to give me the job? ;-}

Paul