Re: [OT] Designing a Website

On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 05:33:54PM +0200, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> Hi there:
>
> I am a freshman student, in Computer Studies. A project has recently been
> assigned to us in one of our courses (intro to computers), and as I don't
> have experience building websites, I am seeking your advice in this regard.

[ snip the horror that occurs at most universities these days ]

> In a nutshell, I want to design a website, that is pleasent to eyes, the
> webpage should be dynamic, and at the same time, I don't want to use non-free
> software in developing my site, and I don't want it to be non-standard.
>
> Is there such a souloution? I know some basic html, but I haven't really
> designed a  website yet. Where shall I begin? What shall I use? Is it
> possible to design a *nice* and a *standard* webpage? I don't want to start
> coding html in Emacs. I have heard that there are some free tools available,
> for the purpose of building websites. But I don't have a clue about any of
> them.
>
> Any advice or URL, or howto that you can point me to, is greatly appreciated.

You could check out http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/ .  Eric Meyer is
well repsected (by some people, at least :-)

Good luck with the nutty professor.

  THEY planted The Lone Gunmen to MIND CONTROL the public into seeing
  TRUTH SEEKERS as CONSPIRACY NUTS.