Re: [OT, DSW] Appropriate transportation

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 00:15, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Read my first paragraph.  I'm not against autos in all instances, I'm
> just saying it has it's niche but far too many people ignore that
> niche and use it as the end-all, be-all in transportation, to the
> extreme detriment of the standard of living of those who live in
> cities.

Nearly a decade ago, I had a mental *shift of perception* wrt to
automobiles. Many people seem to deal with them, without realising this,
as a machine they have an overwhelming need not to be too far from their
own, and go to all manner of efforts and expense to operate this machine
amongst other such machines and then find and, if necessary, rent a
storage location near their destination, only to repeat the process when
it is time to take part in activities elsewhere, even if it is only two
blocks away.

For many people, it is treated as the same as a woman not being without
her purse, or an outdoors sales person wrt their cell phone, or a smoker
without their smokes.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org