Re: KNOPPIX as an installer for Debian

On Friday 28 March 2003 19:56, Craig Dickson wrote:

> Btw, has anyone else found that the English ISO of Knoppix 3.2 for 24
> March 2003 displays a lot of things in German even if you include
> "lang=us" in the boot command? Older versions of Knoppix did not do this
> to me.

OT, but I guess people wont mind, because Knoppix is also kinda debian.

I haven't seen Knoppix 3.2 yet, but as Knopper mainly uses german in his
contacts, and in the only Knoppix mailing list available (running by
linuxtag.org), I won't be suprised to find that the next version of knoppix
won't even support any language, other than german.

We all shall be thankfull to Knopper, for his wonderfull idea and work. But
Peopel (including me) have been telling knopper for some time, that his
project is really taking momentum but right now, he just doesn't seem to
recognize this. No wonder we are seeing Knoppix being forked everyday.

Cheers
--

/* Those who do not understand Unix
 *are condemned to reinvent it, poorly */