Re: recomended POP server?

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:53:10 -0500, stan <stanb@awod.com> claimed:

[snip

> I;ve never set up a POP server before. What packages should I
look at?

I use courier (package courier-pop) because it uses Maildirs and is very
easy to set up (even with SSL support); moreover, there's also
courier-imap which works well together with courier-pop. AFAIK,
cyrus(cyrus-pop3d) is also widely used, but it doesn't support standard
Maildirs but only its own MH format.  Other widely used servers include
ipopd and qpopper, but I have no experience with them.

Another way to go is using qmail instead of whatever MTA you are using
now, because it has integrated pop3 support.  But beware; I have no idea
about how easy to set up or how powerful it is, as I have never used
qmail.
--
Aaron Isotton                                 [ http://www.isotton.com ]