Re: KNOPPIX as an installer for Debian

On Friday 28 March 2003 11:07, Ed Lawson wrote:
> Aryan Ameri wrote:
> >On Friday 28 March 2003 07:33, Leo Spalteholz wrote:
> >>yes.  However the stable repository will most likely have older
> >>packages than what is in Knoppix.  S
> >
> >Well, KNOPPIX is a bloody mixture of srage/sid/potato/woody.
>
> My experience in shifting the apt sources to Debian was that Knoppix
> became a real pain and all the HW detection and automatic configuring of
> the system which Knoppix does very well indeed was lost.  I have not
> installed Morphix on a hard drive, but it might be cleaner while using
> the great Knoppix HW detection and config features.

Yeah, I have heard about this Morphix, and some suggest that it has a much
cleaner designe that Knoppix, but I have heard that Morphix is still an
infant project, and not mature enough.

What about Libranet? Has anyone tried installing Libranet, and the pointing
the repository to Debain's repository and upgrade packages? Do you think it
is doable?

Cheers

--

/* Those who do not understand Unix
 *are condemned to reinvent it, poorly */