Re: KNOPPIX as an installer for Debian

On Friday 28 March 2003 07:33, Leo Spalteholz wrote:

> yes.  However the stable repository will most likely have older
> packages than what is in Knoppix.  S

Well, KNOPPIX is a bloody mixture of srage/sid/potato/woody. Belive it or not,
it is badly broken, I don't even know how Knopper builds the system, but I
tried changing some stuff in knoppix once, and remastering it, and I faced so
many dependencies, that I actually started replacing most of Knoppix's
packages myself. That was Knoppix 3.1 thought, now 3.2 is out, and it might
be better.

 Cheers
--

/* Those who do not understand Unix
 *are condemned to reinvent it, poorly */