Re: KNOPPIX as an installer for Debian

Aryan Ameri wrote:

On Friday 28 March 2003 07:33, Leo Spalteholz wrote:

yes.  However the stable repository will most likely have older
packages than what is in Knoppix.  S

Well, KNOPPIX is a bloody mixture of srage/sid/potato/woody.
My experience in shifting the apt sources to Debian was that Knoppix became a real pain and all the HW detection and automatic configuring of the system which Knoppix does very well indeed was lost. I have not installed Morphix on a hard drive, but it might be cleaner while using the great Knoppix HW detection and config features.

Ed Lawson