Re: Acorn A5000

Hi

(snip)

> This kind of information should be enough for most hardware people to
> give you a ballpark figure on whether or not things will work.  Be
> prepared to break the motherboard description down to chipsets if it's
> an obscure one that nobody here has heard of or tried.
>
> I hope this is enough to get you started.

Ok. Fair comment. I think I've had my answer, however here are the
details:

Operating System RISC-OS 3
Timeline Released: September 1991
CPU type ARM3
CPU word length 32 bits
CPU clock rate 25 MHz
ROM Size 2 MiB
RAM Size 1 MiB, 2 MiB, 4 MiB
Keyboard Typewriter keyboard
Number of keys 103
Graphics chip VIDC
Graphics modes 640x256, 640x512, 800x600
Total number of colours 4,096
Total peripheral memory 1.56 MiB, 41.6 MiB
Sound channels 8
Sound output Stereo
I/O Ports 3x Expansion, Audio output, Composite video, Econet,
Expansion, Parallel, RS-423, VGA

Thanks!

Regards
Paul