Re: sylpheed-doc package broken?

I understand that apt doesn't know anything about packages other than
what it't told about dependencies and conflicts.

Let's get to the big picture -- is the doc there to support the use of
the binary, or is the binary there to support the use of the doc?

If we can agree that the binary is primary and the doc is secondary,
then we should be able to agree that what happened to the original
poster should not happen. The question then is what to do about it.

Kevin