Re: Linux Sucketh not.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 07:57:22PM -0500, Mr. Baldwin wrote:
> BTW, Linux doesn't suck.
>
> Linux ROCKS!
-<SNIP>-
> Lots of things suck.
> But not Linux.
> Linux is cool.

Absolutely.  I tried several times over the last ten years or so to
switch from MS to Linux... Tried Debian, RH, Mandrake, and Slackware ...
and now Debian again as of Christmas break (Wasn't going to try a system
install in the middle of a term of engineering!)
With all my previous attempts, there were critical things I couln't get
working, so I always ended up going reluctantly back to Windoze...

This time, I've learned enough (and learned how to learn more) to get my
system running quite happily.

Now I'm feeling the rush of power.  My computer *wants* to be a server.
It's just begging me to get a domain name... get bogofilter and an IMAP
server working and start giving clean e-mail accounts to my friends...
And then there's Apache...
Ahh, freedom!  My computer actively wants me to do whatever I want.
Yep, Linux rocks alright, and particularly Debian rocks.

> Now, when I signed onto this list the only digest option I could see
> was read-only...Was I mistaken?  I would prefer to receive the list in
> digest, if possible...Anyone?

I'm pretty sure that if you switch to digest mode you'll still be able
to post.  Heck, you don't need to be subscribed at all in order to post.
It might be a little clunky to *reply* to a message in a digest...
(having to slice out the message you want, override the subject header
so it refers to the specific message instead of the digest itself...)

BTW, it is *strongly* recommended to set your MUA to break your lines at
a reasonable length (72 columns is standard).
It's considered good manners, as it makes it a lot easier to read and
quote your messages.