Re: hub.c

LeVA wrote:

Hello!

I have some problem with the usb driver in linux kernel 2.4.20. I don't
now who can I write to, so I thought I should give a try here.

I have an usb flash drive (usb pen drive).
If I connect it to the rear (integrated, port 1) usb port, it works
fine. But, if I connect it to the front panel usb port (port 2), it
doesn't work. Now, here comes the complicated part :)
If I first connect the pen drive to the front (port 2) usb port, It
doesn't work. I have to connect it to the integrated (port 1) usb port,
and then I can mount it. After the umount, I disconnect the pen drive
from the port 1, and wow, it works in the front panel (port 2) usb port.
So I have to connect it to the integrated port first, if I want to use
on the usb port 2 (front panel usb port). I don't think this is normal.
Sometimes when, I connect the drive to the port 1, I get an error message:
"hub.c: connect-debounce failed, port 2 disabled"

It uses scsi emulation over usb. I can mount the drive with device
'/dev/sda'.

After about 10 minutes, the port2 stops, and it doesn't work again. Then
I have to do that work all over again (unplugging, plugging to the port
1 etc...).
I know it is very strange, and complicated for the first time, but I
hope, that someone can help me solving this problem, or telling an other
email, which supports this driver.

Thanks:

Levai Daniel
leva@ecentrum.hu

I've been told that on some machines, the front USB ports are 2.0, whereas the backs are 1.x. This may be totally wrong, but if that's the case, it might providea direction for you to pursue further.

Kent