Re: [OT, FLAME] Linux Sucks

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 23:26, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 March 2003 03:22 pm, Kent West wrote:

> > I think that what most people who clammer for a GUI installer really
> > want is a more easy-to-accomplish installation, not necessarily a
> > graphics-based installation. Of course, I could be wrong. (That'd be the
> > third time this year if I am - doh!)

> That's me.  I don't need an X based installer -- just one that can take
> some of the frustration out of installing.

I second that. Is debain's installer hard for a first time installer? yes it
is. Is debain's installer that hard that it's not useable? No, it's not.

Many pleople like the idea of a graphical installer. It makes things, like
i18n and l10n for some languages possible. But some (like me) can underestand
that it's hard to develop and maintain such a thing on all these
architectures. So, do I like a graphical installer? yes, I do, but it's not
neccessary, a text based but inituative installer, with better hardware
detection, can be the answer for the debain installer (at least, for the time
being).

Cheers
--

/* Those who do not understand Unix
 *are condemned to reinvent it, poorly */