Re: Woody+KDE3.1

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 02:01, Sharninder wrote:
<snip>

> how did u do that ?
> AFAIK there is no kde meta package for kde3.1 so i can't do an
> apt-get install kde.What are the minimum packages that i need to
> install to get kde up ... and from then on i can install only the
> packages i need. Sharninder Singh
> National Institute Of Management, Calcutta

> 'M.C.S.E - Minesweeper Consultant & Solitaire Expert'
	Sorry for the brief message. Did apt-get install  libarts1 kdelibs4
first
then did an apt-get install kdebase kdegraphics kdenetwork kdemultimedia
kdm    and so on.
Have a look at the following link for the packages.
http://download.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/dists/woody/main/binary-i386/kde/
I have still to finish installing all the packages. I just grabbed the
ones I needed to get up and running. There are some things not working
like screensavers as I must still get the artwork and utils . When I
have more time will get down to it.
With adsl or cable modem things can go really fast and our best for a
new install of  Woody with KDE3.1 is just over 40 mins. Apt get with
dial-up is a pain.
Good luck,
Barry.