Re: [OT, FLAME] Linux Sucks

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 08:06:12AM -0800, Larry wrote:
> I must say, however, that compared to a number of
> other systems I've worked with, Debian is difficult to
> get installed and configured.  I suspect the poor
> fellow was ready to tear his hair out (assuming he had
> some hair).

Yeah, you have to be able to read, which lets out most morons.

Someone please tell me, though... what is wrong with a system that does NOT
pander to Joe Moron?  Why does anyone care whether or not Joe Moron can
install an operating system?  Why are we encouraging him to try?  It seems
to be accepted as a given that Joe Moron needs to know how to build a
computer in order to use one.

The idea that operating systems are consumer products is the ultimate
Microsoft-ism and, I think, has led to a lot of their problems.

--
 Marc Wilson |     In charity there is no excess.  -- Francis Bacon
 msw@cox.net |