[HW] Tuner under Debian/Linux AND MacOSX

      Hello,

   I'd like to share an external tuner (USB or Firewire) between a
 MacOSX, and a Debian GNU/Linux (one Powerbook and one desktop PC).

   I'd like to know if anyone had experience with following devices
 under Debian GNU/Linux (or any other device you might think of):
   - El Gato's "EyeTV" (<http://www.elgato.com/eyeTV/>),
   - Formac's "studio dv/tv"
  (<http://www.formac.com/p_bin/?cid=solutions_converters_studiodvtv>).

   I'm especially interested in information regarding the following
 topics:
   - drivers compatibility (supported by Video4Linux?),
   - available software (recorder software for example) under Intel x86
 and under Motorola/IBM PowerPC.

   Thanking in advance for your help,
      Best regards,
--