Re: When will we see alsa-modules for 2.4.20?

Joe Emenaker wrote:

3 - I've tried compiling my own, using the ALSA driver source and the
2.4.20-686 kernel source (after copying the config-2.4.20-686 file from
/boot into the kernel source tree as .config, for whatever it's worth),
and I got even *more* unresolved symbols when I tried to depmod those
modules.

Are you also compiling your own kernel?

Does *anybody* have ALSA working with 2.4.20?

Yes. With alsa-base and alsa-headers installed, I compile alsa-source when I build my kernel (all from unstable):

alsa-base 0.9.1
alsa-headers 0.9.1
alsa-source 0.9.1
kernel-source 2.4.20

(I don't use kernel-package, just the normal make commands)