Re: When will we see alsa-modules for 2.4.20?

From: "Ed Cogburn" <ecogburn@xtn.net>

> Are you also compiling your own kernel?

No. In the past, I've been able to just compile (and use) many modules
simply by providing them with the kernel-headers (or, in rare cases, the
kernel-source).

Compiling the kernel myself has always seemed to yield a kernel that
either was missing a few things that I didn't know I wanted, or it would
be tempermental. Using the canned kernel-image packages is just *so*
much easier and hassle-free.

So, you're telling me that the 2.4.20 kernel needs to be re-compiled for
ALSA support? (kinda reduces the power of having "modules" in the first
place, I'd think.... but whatever).

- Joe