Re: No "File -> Save" in gimp

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 01:27:16AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> It's not totally unreasonable in a Mac environment, but it's entirely
> proposterous in Unix.  Why?  Very rarely do you find a window manager
> that isn't capable of focus-follows-mouse and auto-raise.

...and then there are the fruitcakes like me who use sloppy focus
without auto-raise and frequently choose to work in windows that
aren't on top.

> As soon as you switch to the main window, you're no
> longer looking at any of the images you may have open as far as the
> window manager's concerned.

'Zactly.  When you click on the GIMP menu/toolbar window, the
menu/toolbar window has focus, not any of the image windows.  I
suppose GIMP might be able to hack around this by keeping a stack of
most-recently-focused windows, but that would still break too easily
in conjunction with sloppy focus.

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that