Re: Grip Causing System Lockup

On Tuesday 18 March 2003 23:23, Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've recently been having problems where if grip encounters a particular
> nasty track, it will totally slow down the computer but continue ripping
> (albeit at 0.1x). Clicking repeatedly on abort rip (or abort rip +
> encode (the encoding process dies just fine)) seems to have no effect
> and I usually have to resort to rebooting the whole system. Is this a
> known issue with Grip?

Could it be that you're trying to rip a defective (copy-protected) disc? The
slowdown indicates that something is probably screwing up the drive.

It could also be an old or badly pressed disc. I got some old discs that will
play fine oin some players and fail at a certain position in others.

--
Got Backup?