Re: libc6 vs php4

Niclas Söderlund said:

> Anyhow, I really do not want a re-install on this machine, and I do need
> php4 on it. Bugger me for the mistake (however innocent) to let apt
> install  the new libc6 if you must, but tell me what will happen if I
> download the  .deb for php4, and make dpkg force it in and ignore the
> depends?

this is a known issue. I think the solutions are either to install the
php4 from unstable, or force install the php4 from testing with the
--nodeps switch(with dpkg), something about a broken dependancy in
the php4 in testing w/regards to the new libc6. It should be fixed
in the next version of php4 to hit testing..

search the archives, there was an announcement about it a while back.

nate