libc6 vs php4

Hiya,

a few of you perhapse read my postings last night.

Im running apt against testing, and since I let it upgrade libc6, it wont let php4 be on the machine. Im not into the technical bit too much so I dont really know why but I guess there is a very good reason for this and I also guess that a new php4 release will be migrated that will be installable.

Anyhow, I really do not want a re-install on this machine, and I do need php4 on it. Bugger me for the mistake (however innocent) to let apt install the new libc6 if you must, but tell me what will happen if I download the .deb for php4, and make dpkg force it in and ignore the depends?

Regards,

Niclas

              Niclas

|_|_|_|_| All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy