Re: CD Burning Software & Co.

Aedificator said:
> I've installed CDBakeOven so as to be able to burn my CDs in Debian. After
> solving some minor problems (enabling SCSI support and ful SCSI emulation)
> I've successfully burnt mz first Linux CD.
>
> The problem: When I open this fresh CD in some Windoze program, there is
> nothing on it (blank CD). What is even stranger is the fact that the whole
> burning process goes through without any problem. The third mystery: When
> I try to mount this CD in Debian nothing happens.

is the CD actually burn? look at the CD itself, do you see the little
lines where the data is? Maybe you just ran a simulation burn(I've never
used CDBakeoven I prefer XCDroast). Or maybe the CD is not "finalized",
or doesn't otherwise have it's session closed.

when trying to mount it in debian does it give an error? if it can
mount it, but shows no data it sounds like the CD was burned but with
nothing on it.

I always buy SCSI CDRs so I have never had any experiences with
IDE and the scsi emu stuff.

nate