Re: libc6 vs php4

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 07:11:31AM -0800, nate wrote:
> Niclas Söderlund said:
>
> > Anyhow, I really do not want a re-install on this machine, and I do need
> > php4 on it. Bugger me for the mistake (however innocent) to let apt
> > install  the new libc6 if you must, but tell me what will happen if I
> > download the  .deb for php4, and make dpkg force it in and ignore the
> > depends?
>
> this is a known issue. I think the solutions are either to install the
> php4 from unstable, or force install the php4 from testing with the
> the php4 in testing w/regards to the new libc6. It should be fixed
> in the next version of php4 to hit testing..

For some reason the testing version of libc6 2.3.1-14 explictly
conflicts with the version of php4 in testing.

If you still have the old libc6, libc6-dev and locales debs around, you
can downgrade to 2.3.1-5 and reinstall php4.  That is what I did.

--
René Seindal (rene@seindal.dk)			http://sights.seindal.dk/