Re: pdfs and mutt

-- Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane@xtrinsic.com> wrote
(on Tuesday, 18 March 2003, 07:59 AM -0500):

> More information on the situation...I noticed the attachment line in
> "v"iew doesn't have the right info...
>
>   A     2 Program.pdf      [applica/octet-stre, base64, 170K]
>
> Things that do work have applica/whateveritis
>
> All of my PDF attachments have octet-stream...is that because it's not
> reading from mailcap or something else?

Okay, that explains a lot. Grab the following script:

    http://www.davep.org/mutt/mutt.octet.filter.pl

make it executable, and put the following line in your .mailcap:

    application/octet-stream; /path/to/mutt.octet.filter.pl %s; copiousoutput

And that should fix your problems!

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net