pdfs and mutt

I'd like to be able to open PDFs from mutt. Right now when I try to "v"iew
a PDF it shows me a stream of text in the mutt window. (Would it make a
difference if the PDF was sent from a Mac vs. a PC?)

I've added:
          .mime.types add the line:

               application/pdf pdf

          In .mailcap add the lines:

               # Use xpdf to view PDF files.
               application/pdf; xpdf -err %s

according to the man pages....but it's not working. Am I supposed to
source something for this to work? I thought just closing and then
re-opening mutt would be enough.

Also on the HTML + mutt front, someone else recommended this recently,
which means I can now reply to an HTML email and I get a plain text email
(which is GREAT). Unfortunately I now get the emails in plain text as
well. It's not a huge big deal--and I'm convinced I'll switch, but is
there any way to view in HTML and reply in text? Thanks!
in .mailcap:
text/html; lynx -force_html %s
text/html; lynx -force_html -dump %s; copiousoutput

emma :)

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]