RE: format partition

Hello All,

 >Formatting under linux doesn't include checking the partition
 >(Windoze
 >does this everytime).
 >For FAT32 the actual "formatting" takes about 2 Seconds.
 >Maybe you _did_
 >format the partition but expected it to take several minutes.
 >
 >Did you try and mount the partition?
 >
 >mount -t vfat /dev/hdc8 /mnt
 >
 >if that works and the partition is empty it _was_ formatted.

 Yes indeed it takes only a few seconds. That surprised me.
So, indeed i tried to mount it (it work) cp a file to it.
Unmount and remount and the file is still there.

So, I guess you are right. It is formatted.

The problem is that when I reboot in WinNT, the partition is not
recognized WinNT says "E:\ is not accessible. The volume does not contain a
recognized file system. Please make sure ...".
So what can I do to make WinNT to recognize the partition??

Greetings,
Stefan