Re: I need a little help

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 01:13:19PM -0700, Didier Caamano wrote:
> Greetings to all:
>
> I was wondering how I can configure apache 1.3 to not allow visitors to
> view the source code of the page when they click on View ->Source
>
> Is there any option in apache to do that?, any hint will be appretiated.

Nope.  That's an entirely client side issue.  The browser needs the
HTML source to render the page so that is what apache needs to send out.
There are some particularly annoying and invasive things that you can do
with javascript to hinder (although not fully prevent) source viewing.
It's impossible to prevent, as people can have javascript turned off,
and if their browser caches the document they can simply open it up in a
text editor, amongst other things.  Your best bet is to try a different
approach that does not rely on hiding the source.

Rob