nvidia follow-up and new question

Okay, I got the driver to work through some secret methods (downloading a tar file and compiling), but now I need to know how to change the PAM settings, because when I try to run something like "tuxracer", I get the following:

Error: Could not open /dev/nvidiactl because the permissions
are too resticitive.  Please see the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
section of /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/README for steps
to correct.

The README file from the driver said to modify /etc/security/console.perms of /etc/logindevperms, but I can't find either. How do I change the permissions for these? Thanks

--
You are a bundle of energy, always on the go.

You are dishonest, but never to the point of hurting a friend.