Re: Realplayer seg.fault

Brian Potkin wrote:
On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 12:24:00PM +1100, Russell Shaw wrote:

Hi all,

I downloaded and ran the realplayer binary: rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2.bin.
It gets thru the installation and registration process, runs for a second,
then seg.faults:

russell@main~: ./rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2.bin
Segmentation fault

I am in the audio group. What sound infrastructure do i need installed?

You might be better off getting the rpm version of the binary and
installing it using the realplayer deb which you will find at

http://marillat.free.fr/

This worked for me when the package was last included in Debian.
Are there any alternatives to play realplayer .ram streaming audio, or
.asx windows media player streaming audio?

mplayer does both.  You can get it via the previous URL.

Thanks, that site has debs: http://marillat.free.fr/dists/testing/main/binary-i386/
I just added: deb http://marillat.free.fr/ testing main
to sources.list, then did apt-get update.