Re: considered harmful

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> writes:

> I have no faith in the quality of the work of developers who would choose
> to use csh in their build system.  I would only consider installing the
> package if the csh is something inherited from Sun and is in the process of
> being replaced.

It is something inherited from Sun.  I don't know if it's currently
in the process of being replaced.  When OO first came out, the
existing developers were highly resistant to "wasting time" changing
the build system, as it worked and they didn't want time wasted
changing it.  But since it's been a considerable amount of time since
then, they may have changed their minds... ISTR when NS came out as
OSS the same feelings were there, and things changed.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.
Looking for a developer in St. Louis? http://web.springies.com/~ats/