Video Screen shift to the right

Hi y'all,
I have a question that hopefully someone on the list here has the solution.
I just installed Woody (stable) on an older PC with a 3Dfx Voodoo3 video card (16Mb RAM on the vid card) after some trial and error I finally got X-4.1 to work but now it shifts the video screen to right far enough that the monitor/screen adjustment buttons aren't effective, yet everything (so far) displays in the visible area. Additional info, 14" monitor, 800x600x24 bit default resolution/mode.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
mw.