Re: Duplicating Woody Package?

Hello Robert

I finally got a second hard drive so I can put Linux on my wife's
machine.  She'd like her X setup Identicle to mine.  I've installed a
base Woody system, current kernel, etc.  Now I need to get all the same
KDE packages on her machine.  Other than "dpkg -l | grep kde > file,
copy the file to her machine and apt-get install < file" is there a "better debian way" to do this?

source machine
dpkg --get-selections | grep kde > packagefile

target machine
dpkg --set-selections < packagefile

Although I'm not sure all packages relevant for KDE have "kde" in their package names... If you don't mind, leave the "|grep kde" part and clone your whole system to your wife's box, or read through the packagefile and remove things you are sure she absolutely won't need. This is what I did when installing my girl friend's box...

hth

joerg