Re: Direct cable connection

-- deFreese, Barry <Barry.deFreese@nike.com> wrote
(on Wednesday, 12 March 2003, 02:00 PM -0800):

No, not possible with USB-USB -- both USB host controllers would be
trying to control the connection. There *are*, however, devices that
allow you to go USB-USB (actually USB-device-USB), but they're much more
expensive than simply buying two NICs and a crossover cable, last I
checked. Plus your speeds are slower (unless you've got USB 2.0, but
that's a whole other ball o' wax).

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net