creating a FAT file system

i have 13Gb of data and a 15Gb harddrive that i need to pass to my
cousin, who runs windoze. i made a 15Gb partition of type 0C (Win
FAT32 (LBA)) and tried to call mkfs.vfat on it:

  piper:/home/madduck# mkfs.vfat /dev/hdc1
  mkfs.vfat 2.8 (28 Feb 2001)
  mkfs.vfat: Attempting to create a too large file system

i can't create NTFS filesystems, right? so how the flyingfood do
i make a filesystem of that size for braindeadOS?

`. `'`

NOTE: The pgp.net keyservers and their mirrors are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc