Re: identifying [DR]SA key used for ssh key-based login

* martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [20030311 11:45 PST]:
> also sprach Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> [2003.03.11.1227 +0100]:
> > > right, but then i'd have to manage this file, which is everything but
> > > nice.
> >
> > Don't understand. It's easy.
> >
> > What are you actually trying to *do*?
>
> see my other post.

Unless you're trying to use huge numbers of different keys, You could
effect it without any modifications to sshd by just using an
'environment=' option in your authorized_keys file.  Yes, you would have
to insert the environment string manually, instead of automatically
getting the key id.  Of course, this gives you the advantage of being
able to put multiple keys in the same group, if you wish, or really
whatever you want.  I think the options in authorized_keys work very
well, and are not difficult to manage, but I can see why you would want
it done automatically if you're using more than a hundred keys or
something.

good times,
Vineet
--