Re: identifying [DR]SA key used for ssh key-based login

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2003.03.11.1944 +0100]:
> > What are you actually trying to *do*?
>
> see my other post.

as it wasn't sent to the list:

  because i would like to write a large-scale dyndns method. this
  means
  that i have a 1:n association between keys and domains that they can
  change. administering this in authorized_keys is a pain. it would be
  much nicer if i could use the environment for that:

  a user dyndns has a shell /usr/local/bin/dns-update which can be
  controlled via stdin. now the user just does something like:

    echo myzone.com myhost 1.2.3.4 | ssh -i id_dsa.dyndns dyndns@mydns

  and on the server side i can use a postgres database to check if the
  key used has the right to modify myzone.com. doing this in
  authorized_keys for about 700 users is a pain. i could write
  a wrapper, sure, but i'd still have about 1000 entries in the
  authorized_keys file, for which a flat file is not the best.

  moreover, my solution feels less like a hack.

`. `'`

NOTE: The pgp.net keyservers and their mirrors are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc