entrance exam [was wt?(long and fustrated)]

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 10:48:30AM -0700, Glenn English wrote:
> I've got to agree with David Krider's complaints about the Debian
> install process. This isn't rocket science; it's just a hardware prober.
> If the 'lesser' distros can install in one try (and without rebooting
> several times), surely the mighty Debian can. This install process seems
> to be a test that must be passed in order to join the Debian community.
>
> OTOH, the first programming language I learned was assembly; LISP was
> the second. Everything's been pretty easy since then.
you is hardcore :-)

> Back to the entrance exam, and thanks again.
Well its the best exam ive ever sat!

IMHO the installer is fine but i tend to just let it install the base
system then i do the rest -installing and configuring with apt and vim
:-)

the best modification i can think of to the installer would be to use
grub not lilo but thats just my opinion

hugh