LAPTOPS

Hello, you guys have been very helpful in the past so heres another one for yus! I'm about to take the plunge and pick up a laptop. My first laptop in a number of years. So, what, if any, suggestions comments or what have you might the experts suggest I consider
when making my decision on a brand of craptop?
Thanks in advance,
James,

"An extraterrestrial being, newly arrived on Earth-scrutinizing what we mainly present to our children in television, radio, movies, newspapers, magazines, the comics, and many books-might easily conclude that we are intent on teaching them murder, rape, cruelty, superstition, credulity and consumerism."