Re: LAPTOPS

* james leclair <jleclair@onlinesupport.ca> [20030310 13:38 PST]:

> So, what, if any, suggestions comments or what have you might the experts
> suggest I consider
> when making my decision on a brand of craptop?

Well, I don't know that it counts as expert advice, but I've been
happily using an IBM thinkpad for a while now.  (I have an oldish one,
an X20.)  I think they're generally not the cheapest line on the market,
though.  Also, as for Linux support, I haven't had any problems, nor
have I heard any complaints from my co-workers running redhat.

I figure IBM's probably a decent vendor to buy from if you're seeking
Linux support; they do have *illions of dollars invested in the thing.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  --Benjamin Franklin