Re: LAPTOPS

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 04:32:36PM -0400, james leclair wrote:
> Hello,  you guys have been very helpful in the past so heres another one
> for yus!
> I'm about to take the plunge and pick up a laptop. My first laptop in a
> number of years.
> So, what, if any, suggestions comments or what have you might the experts
> suggest I consider
> when making my decision on a brand of craptop?

Don't know about brand, but I recently (about a month ago) picked up a
Dell Latitude C600 laptop.  Everything works under Linux except for the
Winmodem, including the two supplimental PCMCIA cards I own for it (an
Orinoco Gold 802.11b card and a 56k modem), and the system itself runs
quite well.

The system feels a little plasticy (it's not a PowerBook G4), but it seems
to be of an overall decent build quality, and the refurbished price
($680), combined with about a year of residual warranty for a PIII/700
with 256M of RAM couldn't be beat.