Re: Mirroring apt repositories?

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 04:28:55AM -0500, sean finney wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 09:30:35AM +0100, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> > Well http is not that easy to parse and handle when you try to mirror a
> > whole dir recursiv especially when directory index is forbidden.
>
> but i think you miss something... with debmirror, it doesn't ever do a
> recursive listing.  it gets the Packages/Sources/Release files, and then
> gets stuff as it should be gotten according to that.
My conern about http was meant in general. I know that it's easier to use
the packages list instead of collecting the package URIs by hand.
I've used it in my hack to mirror Adrians packages.

> i just hacked in http into the debmirror script, and it seems to (almost)
> work.  wow, the things i do with my time...  i'll see about cleaning it
> up and submitting a patch :)
Colin mentioned a relatet patch just a few minutes ago:

Sven

--
Revolution is not a dinner party, not an essay, nor a painting, nor a piece of
embroidery; it cannot be advanced softly, gradually, carefully, considerately,