Re: Mirroring apt repositories?

Any .deb repositories that have cpu arch specific support?

I hear it can be a 10-20% boost

Rene Engelhard wrote:
Hi,

Sven Hoexter wrote:

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 02:10:37AM -0500, sean finney wrote:

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 06:30:30PM -0700, Pete Ashdown wrote:

Has anyone know of a method for mirroring through apt?  I'm aware of
apt-move, but I can't seem to get it to do a complete mirror that grabs
everything and not just the distribution that I have in the sources.list.
It also creates empty directories for all the architectures, regardless of
whether they are actually used or not.

have you looked at the debmirror package?  it does this pretty well,
and has examples at the bottom of the manpage.  however, i think
it only does rsync and ftp. wonder why it doesn't do http...

Well http is not that easy to parse and handle when you try to mirror a
whole dir recursiv especially when directory index is forbidden.

If you intend to use debmirror I suggest to use it with debmirror-wrapper
http://people.debian.org/~absurd/debmirror-wrapper

Another solution might be apt-proxy but IIRC it uses rsync as backend.

No, it can use http, ftp or rsync as backend, depending on what you specify...

man apt-proxy:

[...]
DESCRIPTION
       apt-proxy  is an advanced shell script designed to be run out of inetd,
       and provides a clean, caching, intelligent  proxy  for  apt-get,  which
       speaks  HTTP to apt-get clients, and http, rsync or ftp to the back-end
       server(s).  Usually it is run on port 9999, mainly because that is  the
       default configuration, and people are lazy.
[...]

Regards,

Rene

= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =
=     http://www.sun.com/service/sunps/jdc/javacenter.pdf       =
=  www.sun.com | www.javasoft.com | http://wwws.sun.com/sunone  =