Re: mozilla: goto top/bottom of webpages ???

Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 01:09:16PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Being a long term unix user I have always used [home] and [end] for
> > top and bottom of file.  (On terminals that supported those keys.)
> > But with some recent update I find that those keys take me to
> > beginning of line and end of line, not the top of file and bottom of
> > file.  What a nasty change!  Why break all of us old farts?
>
> What application are you talking about here?

I thought the general rule was home/end were line-based on line-based
applications and full-document based on full-document apps. So they are
line-based on stuff like text editors (vim, emacs, bash), and
document-based on viewers like mozilla, less, w3m, and mutt. Of course
this is applied to various contexts inside programs too; so if you are
at a line prompt in mutt, less or w3m, or in the URL entry field in
mozilla, home and end have line-based behavior again. Dragging DOS into
it might be a mistake, I vaguely remember it being rather more
inconsistent than this.

--
see shy jo